Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docker installation

Hi everybody,
    I have started using a vServer some days ago and noticed that it isn't possible to run Docker on it (CentOS 7). Starting the service fails:

'overlay' not found as a supported filesystem on this host.

Some googling led me to a blog post that claims running Docker containers intentionally doesn't work on virtual servers. Please let me know if thats the case or, if not, what could lead to this issue. It would be great to have to possibility to set up several different development enviroments.

Best regards

That is correct at the moment docker is not possible to be used with our vServers. As it is not compatible with the environment

you can use docker on the vds and dedicated servers

Comment

Are there any news on this? Docker is an integral part of modern application deployment. Your vservers not being compatible limits my use cases for them quite alot.

Comment

Hi Mido,

our vServers are using Virtuozzo technology version which is incompatible with Docker. Docker requires two features of Linux kernel in order to operate: control groups and namespaces.
        A possible solution for you is to upgrade to a dedicated server.

Comment

Just want some clearification: What about a Virtual Dedicated Server is it possible to run docker on such server?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            That is correct at the moment docker is not possible to be used with our vServers. As it is not compatible with the environment

you can use docker on the vds and dedicated servers
            As quoted he does mention it supports docker. But try to contact and confirm before signing up.

Comment

Some googling drove me to a blog entry that claims running docker holders purposefully doesn't chip away at virtual servers, if you don't mind let me know whether that is the situation or if not, what could prompt this issue, it is extraordinary to need to plausibility to set up a few distinctive advancement environments...

http://birdcagesoft.com.au/
              Last edited by Henry; 12-31-2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Hi Henry,

can you be more specific what you mean by "chip away at virtual servers". Docker is very good in some situations, and is terrible solution in others. If you share more info about what's your goal we may try to give you an advide.

regards,
                Feb

Comment

Working...
                X