Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP problem

Good afternoon,

My English is not very good, but I will try my best.

I am using ftp to transport files from SERVER A to SERVER B. Both servers are located in your US datacenter.
    There is a problem that almost every 5-th file transfer is starting on very low speed, like 20 KB/S, then transload failing!

I tested it on Ubuntu 18, 16, 14. I am using Proftpd and Plesk. The result is same on all OSs.

This problem started like 3 months ago, before it worked without problems. I tryed to lower upload, download and bandwitch usage in proftpd.conf, but nothing helped.

I think that problem is in networking in your datacenter. What can I do to resolve this problem please? Give some good tips if possible!

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by ahoj80; 08-10-2018, 08:46 PM.

Hello ahoj80,

We can help you in resolving this issue. But in order to do that, we have to do several tests to find the root cause. Please submit a ticket to our panel by navigating to Administration -> 24/7 E-mail support.

Thank you,

Best regards,
    Alex

Comment

Hello,

almost 5 days passed after I submitted a ticket with my problem and still no solution was found? I am losing website users due this problem, please help me!

What I can say, its looks like problem is in network between servers in datacenter. There is big packet loss!

External traffic is working fine, like from my PC to server A or server B, packet loss = 0. Problem is in internal traffic - network in datacenter, packet loss 5 - 10 percent!

Thank you for your help!
      Last edited by ahoj80; 08-16-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

If you are getting some kind of problem regarding the following process which you can also get to know about that from the guidance of the Epson technical support for that and to know more than you can also know the entire process from there and the settings solutions rewritten there well.

Comment

Your FTP/S client is configured for Active or Passive data connections. If your client is configured for Active connections, the client will ask the server to communicate on port 20 for the data channel (or other port specified by the client).
          If your client is configured for Passive connections, the client will defer to the server for the port to use for the data channel. The FTP server then tells the client which port to use for the data channel. If this second port is blocked or restricted, your data communications - like directory listings - will fail. Determine whether your FTP/s client is using Active or Passive configuration and that the respective port (port 20 for active configuration) is open. Thanks, Team, Forgot gmail password

Comment

Working...
          X